This is a very simple, flavourful way to cook carrots. For the glaze I whisked up the following;
- Two tablespoons of oil (I used olive oil)
- Two tablespoons of maple syrup
- One tablespoon of soy sauce
- One tablespoon of liquid smoke (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon of dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
I then washed and peeled 750g/1.6lbs of carrots. I left the carrots whole, but I did remove the tops (you can leave them on if you prefer).
I put the carrots in an oven dish and poured the glaze over them, ensuring that each one was coated. I baked them at 220°C/430°F for 40 minutes until fork tender, turning them once after they’d been cooking for 20 minutes.
I think carrots can tend to be a little boring as a side dish, but cooking them like this really livens them up and gives them lots of smokey, sweet yet savoury flavour.
Bye for now 🙂