This is lovely served with soups or pasta dishes, if you don’t have vegan cheese it still works as a tasty garlic pull apart bread.
You’ll need the following;
- One small loaf of bread, cut into slices then cut diagonally to get cubes (don’t slice all the way through the loaf though, you want to leave the bottom intact)
- Two tablespoons of melted vegan margarine
- One teaspoon of dried parsley
- One large clove of garlic, minced
- One spring onion, diced
- 100g/3.5oz of vegan cheese, grated
Start by preheating your oven to 200ºC/400ºF. Melt the margarine in the microwave for about 10 seconds, once it’s melted you can add in the garlic, spring onion, parsley and season with a little salt and black pepper and give it a good mix.
Using a butter knife or teaspoon (whichever is easiest) spread the margarine through the cubes of bread as evenly as you can. Next sprinkle on the vegan cheese between the cubes of bread, wrap the loaf in foil and place on a baking tray before putting it in the oven. After 15 minutes remove the foil from the top of the bread (you can leave the foil around the sides as this will help keep its shape) and return it to the oven for a further five minutes. If you’re not using vegan cheese you don’t have to put it back in the oven, it’s ready to be served at this point.
After five minutes take the bread out of the oven and remove the foil, the cheese should have melted and the bread should smell buttery and garlicky.
Bye for now 🙂