I wanted to try out the new Linda McCartney chorizo style sausages, and thought that this would be a good way to use them.
Yield; Six servings Cook time; 40 minutes (approx)
- One pack of Linda McCartney sausages
- One 400g/14oz tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Two 400g/14oz tins of chopped tomatoes
- One red onion, diced
- One green pepper, chopped
- One courgette, chopped
- Spices; one teaspoon of cayenne pepper, two teaspoons of each; cumin, coriander and smoked paprika
- Two tablespoons of tomato puree
- One tablespoon of cornflour mixed with two tablespoons cold water
- Start by heating a tablespoon of oil in a pan over a medium heat and prepare the vegetables.
- Add the red onion and fry for about five minutes until it starts to soften.
- Next add the courgette, pepper and continue cooking for another five minutes.
- Then add the tomato puree and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the tinned tomatoes, spices and cornflour slurry. Give everything a good mix and cook for about ten minutes.
- Cook the sausages for 20 minutes before chopping and adding to the sauce.
I had this with brown rice, but you could serve it with boiled potatoes, mash, or what ever you prefer. I thought the smoked paprika and tomato in the sausages really went well with the sauce.
Bye for now 🙂