Well it was pushing it for time, but I managed to get a Christmas themed post out before Christmas day, huzzah! I used Jus Rol frozen dessert pastry because I intend to make my own vegan pastry one day, but today was not that day.
Yield; 12 Cook time; 10-15 minutes (approx)
- One 411g/14.5oz jar of mincemeat
- One 320g/11oz pack of dessert pastry
- 50ml/1.5fl.oz non-dairy milk
- Three tablespoons of demerara sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF and lightly grease a bun tin with margarine.
- Cut circles out of the pastry to line the tin with. Fill with mincemeat but be careful to not overfill them, the pastry will shrink a little while cooking.
- Cut out star shapes from the pastry to top the pies with. Pour the milk and sugar onto two small plates, dip one side of each lid into milk before dipping it into sugar. Place the sugared pastry lids onto each mince pie.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Leave to cool before eating, burning the roof of your mouth is a pretty harsh lesson on patience so it’s best to avoid that.
Bye for now 🙂