This is a tasty, wholesome curry recipe. If you want to increase the protein content, just chuck in a drained tin of chickpeas.
Yield; Six servings Cook time; 30 minutes (approx)
- One large sweet potato, cut into chunks
- Half a butternut squash, cut into the same size chunks as the potato
- One 400g/14oz tin of coconut milk
- One 400g/14oz tin of chopped tomatoes
- One red onion, diced
- 100g/3.5oz spinach, roughly chopped
- 150ml/5fl.oz vegetable stock
- Two tablespoons of tomato puree
- Spices; Two tablespoons of each smoked paprika, cumin, coriander and smoked paprika. One teaspoon of ginger and turmeric.
- Four tablespoons of curry powder (choose whichever strength you prefer)
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for five minutes.
- Next add everything else apart from the spinach. Give everything a good stir and increase the heat to a simmer, season with salt and black pepper. Leave covered for about twenty minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Make sure to go give it a poke from time to time, just to ensure nothing sticks and everything cooks evenly. Stir through the spinach a couple of minutes before serving, you just want to wilt it, not kill it.
I served mine with boiled brown rice, but you could serve it with poppadoms or chips if you prefer.
Bye for now 🙂