Sometimes some lazy junk food is in order. This consists of oven baked chips, vegan “bacon”, Violife cheese and sliced spring onion.
Yield; One serving Cook time; 20 minutes
- 125g(5oz) frozen chips
- 40g(1.4oz) vegan cheese, Violife is a good melting cheese
- 50g(1.8oz) vegan bacon, I used Fry’s polony slicing sausage
- One spring onion, sliced
- Cook the chips as per the instructions on the packet.
- While the chips are cooking fry the “bacon” in a pan over a medium heat.
- Once they’re cooked, season with salt and black pepper. Then scatter over the cheese and bacon pieces.
- Cook under a grill for a couple of minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
Before serving, drizzle over the condiments of your choice and scatter over the sliced onion. That’s it, it’s pretty simple.
- You can get various types of vegan “bacon” from Holland and Barrett, or Ocado. Or click HERE to see my recipe for tofu “bacon”.
- You can get Violife cheese from Holland and Barrett, or from Tesco.
- Vegan mayonnaise is pretty easily sourced in most “Free From” sections of supermarkets, or you can make your own, click HERE to see my recipe for vegan mayonnaise.
Bye for now 🙂