This is a recipe for stuffed jacket potatoes, with mushrooms, spring onions and garlic and herb vegan cream cheese.
Yield; Two servings Cook time; 1 hour 45 minutes
- Two medium sized potatoes, washed
- 140g chestnut mushrooms, chopped
- Three spring onions, sliced
- Two cloves of garlic, minced
- Two tablespoons of vegan margarine
- 80g of vegan cream cheese (I used Sheese, you can get it from Holland and Barrett)
- Half a teaspoon of both parsley and tarragon
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Wash and prick the skin of the potatoes, bake for one hour and 30 minutes, turning half way through.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegan margarine in a pan over a medium heat. Cook the garlic for one minute before adding the spring onions, mushrooms, cream cheese and herbs. Season with salt and black pepper.
- The liquid released from the mushrooms will thin down the cream cheese and it’ll become a rich sauce. After around ten minutes the mushrooms should be cooked, remove them from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, slice them open and scoop out the cooked potato. Add a tablespoon of vegan margarine and mash the potato. Stir the mushrooms and cream cheese sauce through the mash and mix well.
- Fill the potato skins with the mash, brush the top of each one with a little melted vegan margarine. Bake for a further 15 minutes before serving.
I served mine with a simple side salad, but you could serve them with pretty much anything.
Bye for now 🙂