I’ve been a little obsessed with tofu lately, and experimenting with different marinades and flavours. This was the result of my most recent tofu adventure.
Yield; Three kebabs Cook time; 20 minutes
For the marinade you’ll need;
- 100g dairy free plain yoghurt
- Two tablespoons of tandoori powder
- Two tablespoons of tomato puree
- Two tablespoons of oil
- One teaspoon of smoked paprika
- One quarter of a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Half a teaspoon of salt
For the rest of the recipe you’ll need;
- 200g firm tofu, drained, pressed and cut into large squares
- Half a red pepper, cut into chunks
- A small red onion, cut into chunks
- Whisk together all the marinade ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Mix the tofu through the marinade. Refrigerate overnight, or at least for a couple of hours.
- If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them in water overnight. Just pour a little water in a dish, pop your skewers in and put a weight on top of them to weight them down. I used a small glass.
Next, assembling the kebabs;
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/430ºF and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Skewer the peppers, onions and pieces of tofu onto the skewers.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning half way through.
I made a quick yoghurt sauce to go with mine. I mixed a tablespoon of plain soy yoghurt with a teaspoon of dried mint and drizzled it onto the kebabs before serving.
Bye for now 🙂