This is my basic go-to pasta salad recipe. Combining penne pasta and salad vegetables in a creamy garlic and herb dressing. The perfect side dish for any barbecue, picnic or get together.
Yield; Four small servings Cook time; Ten minutes
- 150g/5oz dried penne
- Half a cucumber, diced
- One pepper, diced
- Four large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- Half a bunch of spring onion, sliced
- One handful of baby spinach, chopped
For the dressing you’ll need;
- Three tablespoons of vegan mayonnaise
- One clove of garlic, sliced
- 50ml lemon juice
- 50ml oil
- One teaspoon of mixed herbs
- One teaspoon of dried chives
- One teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Firstly prepare the dressing by putting the mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, oil and mustard into a jug and blend with an immersion blender. Then using a spoon, mix through the herbs and season with salt and black pepper.
- Prepare the salad vegetables and set aside.
- Boil the pasta as per the instructions on the packet. Once it’s cooked, drain and cool the pasta by running a little cold water over it, then drain again.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta and give it a good mix. Fold through the salad vegetables until well combined.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.
It’s easy to switch out the vegetables if you don’t like the ones I used, pretty much anything will work.
Bye for now 🙂