This is a cheesy, rich baked dip recipe. I used Tesco Free From smoked cheese, as it melts well and I love the taste. But this will work with almost any vegan cheese.
Cook time; 50 minutes (including both caramelising the onions and baking the dip)
- One teaspoon of vegan margarine
- One red onion, sliced
- 65g/2oz vegan cream cheese
- 100g/3.5oz grated vegan cheese
- Three tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Three tablespoons of dairy free single cream
- Heat the margarine in a frying pan over a medium low heat. Add the sliced onion and allow to cook for about 30 minutes. I always cook onions low and slow to caramelise them, and don’t poke at them too much.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF. In a separate bowl mix together the cheese, cream and nutritional yeast until well combined.
- Add the onion to the cheese mixture and mix well.
- Transfer into an oven proof dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Leave to stand for five minutes before serving with crackers, breadsticks or toasted bread.
Bye for now 🙂